Discover how to create unique and beautiful canes that will be treasured as useful works of art! Legendary carving artist Lora S. Irish introduces you to all of the essential components and techniques of cane topper carving in this comprehensive guide. Chock full of important tips and tricks, Cane Topper Woodcarving will teach you how to take full advantage of this fun and rewarding carving genre. With step-by-step projects, ready-to-use patterns, and beautiful color photographs, Lora provides expert advice on sourcing, carving, joinery, finishing, customization, and more.
Inside Cane Topper Woodcarving you'll find:
- Expert advice on carving expressive cane toppers from basswood blocks.
- Guide to basic cane construction techniques.
- 4 detailed step-by-step tutorials for creating expressive canes.
- 6 joinery methods for strong and durable joints between cane topper and staff.
- How to source and prepare staffs from found wood.
- Tips for adding joint covers, hand grips, and custom features.