An in-depth guide to carving realistic birds providing all the expert guidance you need to succeed! With more than 850 color photos and 100 illustrations, this book unlocks all the tricks of the trade, and will be constantly referred to when carving any songbird. Learn all the latest tips and carving techniques of one of the world's great bird carvers, Lori Corbett. Inside are 3 detailed step-by-step carving projects to help build your carving and painting skills, including tools and materials, bird anatomy, texturing feathers, planning dramatic poses, painting and much more. Hundreds of clear reference photos help illustrate the easy-to-follow patterns for 3 popular birds: a mountain bluebird, a cedar waxwing, and a red-breasted nuthatch.
· A comprehensive guide to learning how to carve realistic songbirds
· Offers 3 step-by-step carving projects for a mountain bluebird, a cedar waxwing, and a red-breasted nuthatch
· Also includes expert tips on tools and materials, bird anatomy, texturizing feathers, painting, and more
· Offers a look inside the author's sketchbook to read her notes on design
· Author Lori Corbett is an award-winning bird carver, carving instructor, and contributor to Woodcarving Illustrated