Chip carving has a long and respected history as a decorative art form. In Chip Carver's Workbook, noted chip carver and instructor Dennis Moor will introduce you to this timeless craft that is easy to learn and produces beautiful, ornate results. In his engaging and accessible teaching style, Dennis Moor outlines the basics of wood selection, tools and sharpening, layout, lettering, and finishing while instructing you on the chip carving techniques that will have you decorating household items and creating artistic pieces in a variety of designs. Seven enjoyable and useful chip carving projects will guide you through the process of mastering this classic art form, including a napkin holder, plant box, letter holder, tissue box, cheese and cracker tray, and more. Also included is an inspiring photo gallery of finished pieces plus a comprehensive listing of supply sources.
· A complete, accessible guide to the basics of chip carving
· Learn basics on wood selection, tools, sharpening, and cutting techniques
· Provides detailed sections on borders, grids, rosettes, foliage, lettering, and finishing
· Includes 7 step-by-step projects with coordinating photography, including a napkin holder, letter holder, tissue box, cheese and cracker tray, and more
· Written by acclaimed chip carver and instructor Dennis Moor