Artist and author Diana Thompson follows up her first book 3D Patterns for the Scroll Saw with a second book chock-full of brand new, inventive 3D designs. The book begins with an in-depth look at the techniques behind cutting 3D compound pieces. A table explains the properties of domestic and exotic woods. The author provides shop-tested scroll saw patterns for a dozen wooden clocks, a dozen candle sticks, more than two dozen delightful critters, and a carousel music box. Special instructions address the insertion of miniature working clock parts into the wood and the drilling of candle stick holes.
· A detailed guide for scroll sawyers to make 3D compound pieces
· Includes 46 scroll saw patterns for wooden clocks, candlesticks, animals, and a music box
· Features helpful advice on domestic and exotic woods, as well as the scroll saw techniques for cutting 3D compound pieces
· Contains special instructions on inserting miniature clock parts and drilling candle stick holes
· Written by Diana Thompson, author of 3D Patterns for the Scroll Saw