Scroll saw artists never seem to have enough patterns -- especially wildlife patterns. Here, artist Lora S. Irish presents 61 precisely drawn outline patterns for scrollers. Carefully inked lines make each pattern easy to follow. Scrollers may choose to photocopy or scan copies of the patterns to keep their book intact or use the patterns directly from the book. Ms. Irish includes patterns for each commonly known species of North American wildlife. Bears, wolves, deer, eagles and ducks all come to life under the scroller's blade. Ms. Irish also includes brief cutting instructions to aid beginning scrollers. The instructions include information on what blades to choose, what wood to use and how to make inside and outside cuts. Safety precautions are also outlined. Scroll saw patterns can be cut as is to make scroll saw fretwork plaques. Turning the table left or right will allow the pattern to be cut in relief, giving the final work a compressed, three-dimensional look. Intermediate level scrollers may choose to incorporate the patterns in jewelry boxes, cabinet doors and more.
· An inspirational resource for scroll sawyers of every level
· Includes 61 easy-to-use patterns of North American wildlife, including bears, wolves, eagles, ducks, rabbits, cougars, and dozens more
· Features helpful tips, such as safety, what blades to choose, what woods to use, how to make inside and outside cuts, and more
· Also includes helpful cutting instructions to aid beginners
· Written by Lora Irish, an internationally acclaimed artist and best-selling author