With little more than a pocket knife, a branch, and a dose of concentration, this book will show you how to whittle unique keepsakes that are fun to make, will be appreciated as gifts, or can be popular items for sale. Author Chris Lubkemann, a woodcarver since age 7, is pleased to share his lifelong love of whittling with both beginners and experienced whittlers alike in Whittling Twigs & Branches. Inside, you'll find everything you need to master the basic woodworking technique called curling to create birds, trees, and flowers. With step-by-step whittling projects, helpful tips for correcting mistakes, and advice on painting and finishing, also inside is a picture gallery of finished pieces including table lamps, whimsical characters, letter openers, desk plaques, and chess sets, to give you inspiration in your own work.
· A complete guide to learn how to whittle using a simple pocket knife, a branch, and some concentration
· Includes step-by-step whittling projects and demonstrations to carve roosters, herons, flower, trees, and more
· Features lessons on basic whittling techniques, tips for fixing mistakes, advice on painting and finishing, and more
· Also offers an inspirational gallery of completed carvings
· Written by best-selling author and master carver Chris Lubkemann